Friday, July 15, 2011

How to Make a Pot Roast: Don't Forget to Ask Questions

My mother always cut both ends off the pot roast before cooking. My mother was doing this, because she had seen her mother and grandmother doing it.


One day my mother asked her mother: "Why do you cut both ends off the pot roast before cooking it?"

Her mother replied: "That is the way my mother always did it."
 
So, my mother asked her grandmother: "Why do you cut both ends off the pot roast before cooking it?"

Her grandmother looked at her a little funny and replied: "Daughter, I cut both ends off the pot roast, because we were poor and we couldn't afford to buy a pot big enough for a whole pot roast."


Remember to ask questions! Just because someone else did it a certain way doesn't mean it is the best or correct way. Try new things, try new ways, experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment